Let's work together!
Why yes, Swale does, in fact, do custom work! We love a good collab, and we'd be happy to consider the scope and nature of your project. (If it's not up our alley, we'd also be happy to recommend other options.) Check out some of the custom project details below, and get in touch!
All the details
Swale is a small-batch manual print shop. Every print is hand-pulled. We print in primarily in monochromatic designs (single color ink per print). We use water-based inks - which means some inks are slightly opaque and the color of the garment may affect its final color. A variety of ink colors are available, and we are available to discuss your project in further detail in order to plan a design and color combo that you will love!
What surfaces can we screen-print on?
- Variety of knitwear: tees, tanks, hoodies, sweatshirts, sweatpants, shorts, scarves, etc. (Clients can provide items or can purchase via Swale.)
- Cotton and cotton blends
- Fabric panels (for quilting, framing, DIY projects.)
- Archival paper (for framing/display)
We are always happy to prepare project-specific quotes and recommendations for any prospective custom work. These are the general rates we will use to create an estimate for your project.
$50 | Single Screen Setup Fee (up to 13” x 17” space)
- The screen remains the property of Swale but can be stored on behalf of the client for future printings.
- Also note that multi-color designs may require multiple screens - set-up fee applies to each screen.
- Design labor may or may not be necessary. It depends on what imagery the client has prepared, and what they need help developing.
- We can do some design assistance at Swale at our custom rate of $85/hour. For more complicated requests, we partner with a local designer at a rate of $125/hour.
- $13 per single-color print (on items supplied by client)
- Variable (on items supplied by Swale, depending on prices of garments/printing surfaces)
- Multi-color design work will be charged differently - reach out for a quote.
If you are providing a ready-made design for screen-printing, we accept the following file formats, at your desired print size: tif, pdf, bmp, ai, indd, or psd. If you just have a sketch, a photo, or an idea, we are happy to assist you in making your screen-printing dream a reality (see fees above).
From sewing to screenprinting to fabrication, we can do it all!